We take a bespoke approach to each transaction in working for our clients on a retained basis. We carry out extensive research to identify potential buyers, both competitors and complementary businesses. We prepare the sales memorandum and advise on all aspects of the transaction through to completion. In particular we look to achieve a price that fully reflects the business potential.
The disposal of a company can be for any number of reasons, including a retirement, a succession issue, a venture capitalist looking to exit, or simply reaching a point where the business requires the support of a larger group to provide further investment and opportunities for expansion. It may be that an approach has been received from a potential purchaser, or in the case of a subsidiary, the parent company may be focusing on core activities, refinancing its business or in need of cash for investment elsewhere.
Westbury Capital , acting as lead adviser, guiding and working closely with the client, we manage each stage of the entire process from the initial grooming (if necessary) through to the successful legal completion.
Some of the key contributions we bring are
- Financial, commercial and operational grooming
- Detailed research and evaluation of potential purchasers
- Valuation of business
- Establishing sale strategy and preparing an information memorandum
- Approach potential purchasers on sellers behalf
- Evaluate offers, preliminary negotiations and deal structuring
- Solicit and leverage final offers
- Finalise structure and terms
- Negotiate sale and purchase agreement
- Project managing the entire transaction through to legal completion
Westbury Capital is a team of corporate finance advisers offering disposal / company sale advice to clients throughout the UK.