Management Buy-In (MBI)
The purchase of a business from its owner, by an external management team or individual.
Westbury Capital , acting as lead adviser guiding and working closely with the MBI individual/team, we manage each stage of the entire process from the initial feasibility through to the successful legal completion.
Some of the key contributions we bring are
- Assessing the feasibility of the MBI opportunity
- Assessing incumbent ongoing management
- Advising and assisting on the format and content of the MBI plan
- Valuing the business
- Identifying suitable financial backers
- Arranging and attending meetings with the proposed financial backers and helping to prepare presentations to them
- Negotiating the best possible funding structure and packages
- Deciding on the nature of the approach and negotiating the best deal with the vendor
- Introducing the management buy in team to other advisers such as lawyers and tax advisers
- Monitoring deal costs generally
- Project managing the entire transaction through to legal completion
Westbury Capital is a team of corporate finance advisers offering management buy in (MBI) advice to clients throughout the UK.