Management Buy-Out (MBO)
The purchase of a business from its owner, by its existing management team
Westbury Capital , acting as lead adviser uiding and working closely with the management team, we manage each stage of the entire process from the initial feasibility through to the successful legal completion.
Some of the key contributions we bring are
- Assessing the feasibility of the MBO
- Advising and assisting on the format, content and preparation of the business plan
- Valuing the business
- Deciding on the nature of the approach and negotiating the best deal with the vendor
- Identifying suitable financial backers
- Arranging and attending meetings with the proposed financial backers and helping to prepare presentations to them
- Negotiating the best possible funding structure and packages
- Introducing the management team to other advisers such as lawyers and tax advisers
- Monitoring deal costs generally
- Project managing the entire transaction through to legal completion
Westbury Capital is a team of corporate finance advisers offering management buy-out (MBO) advice to clients throughout the UK.